Monday, February 16, 2009

Amsterdam!

Good morning!
No alarm this morning, thank god!!
All these freaking dayshifts are killing me....work and travel, that's basically it!
But my reward will come in 10 days....WOOT WOOT!!
3 more nightshifts to go and Im off for a week to enter the FUNHOUSE!

Speaking of Funhouse......
This saturday I went to Amsterdam after work.
I didn't made plans for saturdaynight, because I had to work early the day after.
Yahel sended me a message on fridaynight......she was in Amsterdam tomorrow and wanted to hook up for a drink!

Sounds like a good plan to me....... cuz I really could use a drink!

I really love these kind of hook ups.....no planning, just spontanious!
We would meet each other at The Dam and I was planning to show her some hotspots in Amsterdam. No tourist stuff, but the real deal!

Yahel brought a friend we had fun right from the start!
I wanted to show them my favorite bar, "Wynand Focking"
If you don't know where the place is, you can't find it.......it's hidden between buildings.
It's a small, local bar where they serve special drinks, with special flavours.

Apple pie, cookies....you name it!
People are always impressed if I take them to this place! It's typical Dutch......

I ordered apple pie for the girls and cookies for myself!
You get a small glass, filled to the top......and you need to sip it, without holding the glass!
40% pure alcohol!
Yahel really loved the apple pie flavour and bought a bottle afterwards!
After a few drinks we went to an Italian restaurant to eat something!
We talked, laughed and had a great time.
The pizza was good, not that special tho.......and we decided to grab some coffee in the coffeeshop!
The Green House!
Every tourist knows The Bulldog, but If you really wanna experience the real local dish and the atmosphere.....you need to know the hotspots!
The Green House is the place where all the famous rockstars come to hang out.
The guys from Live (ofcourse hehe) Foo Fighters, Ozzy Osborn, Red Hot Chili Peppers, etc. are hanging out here when they're in Amsterdam.

Im not a regular weed smoker anymore, but every now and then I like the feeling of being high......
So, we bought some local dish and laughed, laughed and laughed!
Yahel really wanted to buy some seeds, so she can grow her own weed on her balkony in Paris!
I took them to the best seed shop and she bought her seeds....All happy!!!
Yahel wanted to show me a bar, but we ended up being lost in the streets of Amsterdam haha!
I was talking and talking and all of a sudden Yahel asked me something, but I misunderstood her completly. She was asking "when are the shops closing" with her cute France accent and for some weird reason I thought she was saying "when's your ship cruising" and I was like WTF, I'm here by train....it's not like every Dutchie has his own ship, just because we have the canals" and seriously.....we couldn't stop laughing. Hilarious shit hahaha!!
Anyways, the girls walked me back to the trainstation and we said goodbye!
I couldn't stay to party with them unfortunately, but I recommended Paradiso.......so Im pretty curious if they found it!

What a fun night, I can't wait to party again in 10 days!!!

1 comment:

  1. ..still laughing about the imagination of you on your ship..:p

    ReplyDelete