Let's do Leiden first, since I spend there a lot of time (mostly nightshifts) lately!
I work at 3 different locations in the South-West of Holland and Leiden is the most interesting place to work! This medical centre is specialized in transplantations (bone marrow, heart, liver and kidney) and has a special neonatology unit. So most of my work is for little newborns from nearly 1000 gram or very sick patients who wait for a new organ.
Besides my work for this hospital I work for the military bloodbank, umbilical cord bloodbank (reseach about stem cells) and Europdonor.
My office in Leiden:

I work during my shifts with medical drivers and co-workers who prepare the bloodsupplies before it's ready for transfusion. And it's often a matter of life and dead, so we need to act quick!
My shifts are pretty hectic and busy, but every now and then I can rest for a few hours.
I have my own bedroom/bathroom at work! It's like a hotelroom.....I don't have to come out if it's quiet hahaha!
It has a tv, dvd-player, fridge and microwave!
Bedroom:

Bathroom:
I get a lot of satisfaction and I learn new things every day, which is challenging and it keeps me sharp.....
I think this will give you a good impression of my job in Leiden.....any questions? just ask!!

haha, this room just looks like the one in the animal hospital;) except that we don't have a tv=O
ReplyDelete