Saturday, November 22, 2008

Night Of The Proms

For those who doesn't know this project......
It's a collaboration between classical artists and pop/rock musicians.
Every year the organisation puts an new group of artists on stage to work together in a very unique setting!
This year they had a gospel choir from New York, a 70 piece orchestra, a ballarina and a few big rock musicans!

Sinead O' Connor, Live and The Simple Minds.

I went to see the show this Thursday and I was thrilled to see Live playing together with a 70 piece orchestra. I already knew that the classical arrangement would be one big ear orgasm.
And I couldn't wait to hear it.....
Sinead O'Connor was the first big artist to kick off! She started with a killing version of "Troy"
She pierced it right into my heart! What a power and dedication.
"Nothing Compares To You" was awesome......10.000 people were singing along!

Goosebumps!!!!...... The perfect warming up!




















Live was next! My heart was pounding in my chest........
I can't count the amount of gigs I saw during my life, so far.
But this was special and I was nervous.

The orchestra started, Ed began to sing "The Dolphin's Cry"
It kicked in right away......
The arrangement was so fricking beautiful and Ed was very good by voice.

The screens on stage showed stuff from the early days and my own life past before my eyes.....
What a journey!

They played "They Stood Up For Love" and my personal favorite "I Alone" what a kick ass version was that.......
Chad Taylor was stomping as a mad man and Adam was glowing and smiling all the time!

The respons from the crowd was overwhelming......





















After that experience we had a short break! Because it's too heavy for the orchestra to play 3,5 hours in a row.
Ed come back to perform "Overcome" together with Sinead O'Connor and a guy from the gospel choir, after the break.
Although it's not one of my favorite songs (understatement) I liked this version!

How can I not? If you play it like that, you can make the most horrible songs beautiful.


The Simple Minds was the last band to perform!
It reminded me of my youth.
The sing-a-long with "Don't You Forget About Me" was fun!
The performance was okay, but not that special......
Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I don't like Jim Kerr, hmmm.

The grand finale was hilarious! All the artists came on stage and I laughed so hard.....
Chad Gracey and Patrick Dahlheimer stood there with tamborines and they didn't seem to like it. Chad Taylor was watching at me, with the look......"please come and rescue me"

So they made fun of the situation.....good choice guys hahaha!!!

They sang "Imagine" together with all the other artists.......Adam played guitar, Ed had some lines in the song and the rest was joking around!
What a great evening!!!




1 comment:

  1. Wow, that sounds great! I’d love to hear them with the orchestra. And on your pic I could see Cellos *lovelove*:-)

    ReplyDelete