Thursday, January 8, 2009

Another day at the office.......

You can't imagine how happy I am to be at home.....
I traveled so much for my work the last couple of days and I'm really tired of it!

Alarm at 5.30 am, catch the bus at 6.15 am, take the train at 6.45 am and sit there for at least 45 minutes and walk to the hospital for 15 minutes in the freezing cold.

No fun at all.....

I worked dayshifts in Leiden (that's near Amsterdam) for 2 days in a row.
Normally I try to switch my shifts with one of my co-workers, cuz I rather work nightshifts.
But it didn't worked out this time!

The military bloodbank, which is located in the same building, is responsible for the blood supplies of the Dutch army in war areas and I'm working for them too.....if necessary!

The war in Gaza is one of the main priorities at the moment, cuz the hospitals are running out of blood supplies. They really need humanitarian help.
I'm proud to be a part of this operation, cuz the Israelian troops are aiming at innocent citizens and that's so fucking nasty. This way I have the feeling that I actually do something for the people there! I will never ever understand why people kill childeren and vulnerable human beings.....it really makes me sad :(

Anyways, I'm off work for 3 days now and I didn't make any plans yet.
I'm very much in love with my guitar, my books and my house at the moment! And It all depends on the weather if I wanna go outside.....today was foggy and freezing cold.
It felt like I was walking in a freezer and some one turned off the light pfff......

Can I go back to the sunny weather and stay there 'till the winter is over, pretty please?

2 comments:

  1. can I join you?? =O
    ..lets have a look if this time like really (in a lot of meanings:p ..word verification is difficult I know..*-) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh shit.
    but at the end of the day, you are a hero to many:)

    <3love dani

    ReplyDelete